Oil of Communication
It is an oil every mom should have on hand because it is the single most useful essential oil! If you are new to essential oils and don’t know which oil to use, use lavender and it will get the job done!
Let’s talk about all the ways we can use Lavender in our homes.
- Good Nights Sleep– If you are having a hard time falling to sleep rub a few drops of lavender on the bottoms of your feet.
- Wind Down and Relax– If it’s been a long day and you just want to feel more calm and peaceful, take a warm bath and add a cup of epsom salt and add a few drops of lavender to the water. Ahhh….
- Feeling Anxious– Rub Lavender over your heart or on your neck. You can also drop a drop in your palm and breathe in the aroma.
- Touched a hot stove or iron– rub Lavender on the affected area and it will help we the irritation and swelling.
- Stinky smells– Freshen your linen closet, mattress, car, or the air by combining Lavender with water in a spray bottle.
- Razor Burn– Combine Lavender with a carrier oil and rub on affected area
- Scrapes- If you child fell and scrapes up their leg or knee. Apply lavender with a carrier oil. It is very soothing on our skin.
- Face Cleaner– Lavender has antioxidant properties and is gentle enough to apply to your skin. Add it to your face cleaner or moisturizer.
- Headache– If you feel tension in your head you can apply lavender to your temple, neck or shoulders.
- Mood Uplifter– Feeling down? Diffuse Lavender to help uplift your mood.
*side note- Make use you always use a carrier oil, such as fractionated coconut oil when you add any essential oil to your skin.
Lavender is the oil of communication. If you feel unseen, unheard, constricted, tense, or a fear or rejection use Lavender. It will help you to feel relaxed, expressive and heard.