What awaits you at 26 weeks pregnant? How is the 26 week baby development? We wrote everything you were wondering about for you. Let’s get started now!
26 Weeks of Pregnancy and Baby Development
26 Weeks Baby Weight and Height
What is the baby’s weight at 26 weeks pregnant? You can see information such as how tall it is in the table below.
|26 weeks baby development|
|26 weeks baby weight||910 gr-1 kg|
|26 weeks baby size||23cm|
- Your baby’s eyes are starting to open. There is still no pigment in the colored part of his eye, so eye color still has not formed. Although there is nothing to see inside the womb, your baby can now see.
- Developing vision and hearing senses causes an increase in baby movements at 26 weeks . The baby becomes active when he sees a bright light or hears a loud noise.
- Now the fetus has a regularity, certain sleeping and waking periods. You may even notice that you are asleep at certain times when you are active at certain times of the day.
26 Weeks Baby Images
How Many Months Is 26 Weeks Pregnancy?
You’ve survived the first half, you’ve moved on to the second half of your pregnancy on a week-by-week basis, and you’re progressing fast. The 26th week of pregnancy corresponds to the 6th month of pregnancy according to our calculations. You are very close to completing the 6th month and thus the 2nd trimester.
26 Weeks Pregnancy Ultrasound Images
It may be different from the 26-week ultrasound image you had here. This is a normal case. The movements and posture of babies in the mother’s womb may be different.
Changes in the Mother at 26 Weeks of Pregnancy
26 Weeks Pregnancy Image
- Time goes by so quickly. You are nearing the end of the 2nd trimester, now two-thirds of the pregnancy will be over. You left most of the way behind to have your baby.
- By the 26th week of pregnancy, the uterus measures 6 cm above the belly button and approximately 26 cm from the pubic symphysis. If we divide 40 weeks into two, in the second half of pregnancy, she will grow by 1 cm every week.
What Should the Mother’s Weight Be at 26 Weeks of Pregnancy?
- If you followed a nutritious and balanced eating plan, your 26 week gestational weight should have increased by 7.2 to 9.9 kg. Remember, if you are a pregnant woman with a normal weight, it is ideal to finish the pregnancy in the range of 11-14 kilos in total.
- As your uterus, placenta, and baby grow, so does your weight. Problems such as back pain, pressure in the pelvis, varicose veins, leg cramps and headaches may occur more frequently.
- Lying on your left side while resting provides the best circulation for your baby. If you lie on your left side and rest during the day, you will not experience swelling problems too much.
Nutrition at 26 Weeks Pregnancy
- Eating fish is healthy, especially when you are pregnant, it is much more beneficial. Women who eat fish while pregnant have a healthier pregnancy period. They give birth to heavier and healthier babies. Because the longer the baby stays in the womb, the more likely it will be strong at birth.
- Recent research has shown that women who consume fish during pregnancy may have fewer problems with preterm delivery. This effect may be due to omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids can also prevent pregnancy-related hypertension problems.
- Most fish are low in fat; It is high in B vitamins, iron, zinc, selenium and copper. Anchovy, mackerel, tabby, salmon and sardines are fish that contain plenty of omega-3s. Be sure to include the fish in your nutrition program in the amounts recommended by your doctor.
- If you can’t eat fish, you can supplement with omega-3 by consuming flaxseed oil, soybeans, walnuts and wheat germ.
Complaints in the Mother at 26 Weeks of Pregnancy
Start Thinking About These For A Successful Birth Process!
It’s not too early to start thinking about the birth process and birth. As your pregnancy progresses, there are some issues that you and your partner should think about and learn about. We leave it here for you to remember:
- Be knowledgeable about the pregnancy and birth experience. You can be more comfortable when you understand what can happen during pregnancy.
- It is very important to communicate with your doctor, if any, with your nutritionist or obstetrician/psychologist. Keep strong ties with them. Become a good client by following their advice, paying attention to your weight, eating healthy, taking prenatal vitamins, and following up on tests and appointments.
- It is comforting to get help on issues such as birth styles, birth schools, pain relief methods, baby feeding, the level of participation of the spouses in the birth.
- It can be very helpful if you attend a birth preparation course that includes many of these items in your education programs. You can also hire a doula to get professional support during childbirth.
Start Research: Hospital Selection!
- Maybe your doctor already works in a hospital and you will give birth at the hospital where he works, maybe you will make a choice from several different hospitals where your doctor works and the birth will be there.
- There are probably a few hospitals that lie in your heart, from the birth visits you’ve been to, the experiences you’ve heard from your friends.
- Of course, you should consider requests and objective facts (such as location, material conditions) and make a joint decision with your spouse. You can get ideas from the people who gave birth around you, you can take a stroll in the maternity services of the hospitals in the vicinity on a weekend, you can consult your doctor.
- If you have private health insurance, you should find out which hospitals it covers and how much it covers. You should research which hospital offers what opportunities to obstetrics patients, what kind of costs it costs. In short, if you still do not know the hospital where you will give birth, you should roll up your sleeves to choose.
A Pleasant Event Proposal: Baby Shower!
Baby shower is an event that is just starting to become popular. For this activity, you are making a list of the materials you need for the birth of your baby. Your loved ones who come to the celebration also give you what is written on this list as a gift.
“Is it a gift with such an order?” Don’t think so! People now prepare such a list when they are going to build a new house. So the other person says, “What should I buy? What does he need?” gets rid of the thought. In the meantime, you get the gifts you really need. The best for everyone!