he golden age of pregnancy, the second trimester, is coming to an end. You are moving towards a slightly more challenging and heavy period. But the good news is that there is less time to give birth. What happens at 27 weeks pregnant? How is the 27 week baby development? We told you, let’s start reading!
27 Weeks of Pregnancy and Baby Development
27 Weeks Baby Weight and Height
Miracle! Your baby’s size is no longer from head to bottom; can be measured from head to toe. How much does a 27 week old baby weigh? You can see information such as how tall is it in the table below.
|27 weeks baby development|
|27 weeks baby weight||1 kg|
|27 weeks baby size||40 cm|
- At 27 weeks of pregnancy, the baby’s weight may rise to just over 1 kg.
- By the 27th week of pregnancy, your baby will have more taste buds in their mouth than they will at birth. This means that you can not only notice what you eat through the amniotic fluid, but even react. For example, some babies react to spicy foods by hiccuping. Or they can kick when they taste the spice.
- His lungs, liver, and immune system are still immature, but little is left.
- Babies born at 27 weeks have an 85% chance of survival.
How Many Months Is 27 Weeks Pregnancy?
A 27 weeks pregnant woman is about to complete her 6th month. So, when this week ends, you’ll be past 27 weeks, 6 months, and 2 trimesters.
27 Weeks Baby Images
Baby Movements at 27 Weeks Pregnancy
Expectant mothers often ask how often a baby should move. They want to know if they should be worried if the baby moves a lot or if their movements are slow. During this period, the intensity of your baby’s movements may change. Is it normal to decrease baby movements at 27 weeks pregnant? you might think.
Babies don’t move all the time. Just as we allocate certain hours of the day to rest and sleep, they live their days regularly. When you are active it calms down, when you are calm it becomes active.
As the pregnancy progresses, the movements and sleep of the babies are regulated. There are periods of increasing or decreasing mobility of 1-3 hours. But if there is a different kind of sluggishness and inactivity than usual, if your baby isn’t as active as you’re used to, it’s a good idea to talk to your doctor.
I’m 27 weeks pregnant, if you say that your baby is very active , it is not surprising. Because the most active time of the baby is 27-32. between weeks. Now he’s old enough to punch and kick, and he still has enough room inside to move around.
27 Weeks Pregnancy Ultrasound Images
Your 27-week-old baby ultrasound image may not be the same as here. Each baby’s movements and position in the womb may be different. You don’t need to worry about this.
Changes in the Mother at 27 Weeks of Pregnancy
27 Weeks Pregnancy Image
- It measures approximately 7 cm above the navel of the uterus and 27 cm from the pubic symphysis to the apex of the uterus.
- With the activation of the hormone progesterone, your lung capacity continues to expand this month. This change in breathing allows the blood to take in more oxygen and expel carbon dioxide than normal. As a result, you may breathe faster, and you may experience shortness of breath, albeit mildly. Doing breathing exercises during pregnancy will relieve you of both shortness of breath and many other issues.
- The movement of food through the digestive tract is still slow, and the enlarged uterus continues to put pressure on the intestines. You may continue to suffer from heartburn or constipation as a result.
- Vaginal discharge may increase. If it’s a thin, white discharge that’s odorless or with little odor, it’s nothing to worry about.
What Should Your 27 Week Pregnancy Weight Be?
At 27 weeks of pregnancy, it is appropriate to take 500 grams for the mother’s weight to be at the ideal level. Most of the weight you gain is not from fat accumulation; The weight gain of the baby is due to the growing placenta and amniotic fluid and fluid accumulation in the tissues.
Nutrition at 27 Weeks Pregnancy: Vitamins A, B, E are Important!
A, B and E are the most important vitamins you should take during pregnancy. But for all of them, you must follow the daily intake recommended by your doctor. Inadequate intake has its disadvantages, as well as over-consumption of these vitamins. When you are pregnant, you should consult your doctor about any medication and special food intake. Let’s take a brief look at each of these 3 vitamins:
- Vitamin A : This vitamin is essential for human reproduction. It strengthens the immune system. Vitamin A is found in foods such as milk, egg yolk, butter, green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, apricots, broccoli, kale, carrots, peaches, spinach, potatoes, pumpkin, brussels sprouts. These sources of vitamin A can be consumed during pregnancy. In vitamin A deficiency, the immune system weakens. When the immune system is weakened, the risk of various infectious diseases may increase. Since vitamin A is an important vitamin for the development of the embryo in the mother’s womb during pregnancy, there will be a possibility of problems in the development of the embryo in its deficiency.
- Vitamin B : B vitamins including B6, B9 (folic acid) and B12 are important during pregnancy. It affects the development of the baby’s nerves and the formation of blood cells. If you do not take the amount of B12 recommended by your doctor, you may develop anemia. The best food sources for B vitamins are; milk, eggs, bananas, potatoes, zucchini, avocados and brown rice.
- Vitamin E : This vitamin is important because it helps the metabolism of fats and the formation of muscles and red blood cells. If you eat meat, you can usually get enough vitamin E. Other foods rich in this vitamin are olive oil, wheat germ, spinach and dried fruits.
Prepare the Needs List, Let the Baby Shower Celebration Begin!
What is this baby shower? It is the celebration where you have prepared the list of the materials you need and your friends come with one of the gifts from this list. “No way, shame on you.” If you’re saying, “What should I get?” You should think that it saved you the trouble. And they’ll be glad to know they got what you need. Better start making the list!