Summer is here and vacation plans have begun, right? But if this is your first vacation with your baby, we know that you pay more attention to your plan.
You can be very confused about the holiday with the baby. You’re right, you’re wondering if your little baby will have fun in this process, will his needs be met, or will his health deteriorate? But don’t worry, in this article, we have told you everything you need to pay attention to while on vacation with the baby!
Pay attention to the characteristics of the holiday region you will go to!
It is very important to know whether the region you choose to vacation in is suitable for your baby’s needs. Therefore, you should consider the following issues when choosing.
- Is it close to the hospital and pharmacy?
- Is it close to the markets where you can meet your needs such as cloth and food products?
- Is the weather stable?
- Is it close to areas such as the airport or bus station?
- Are there alternative eating and drinking areas for my baby?
- Central or out of town?
- Is it a popular, crowded area? Is my baby bored?
Choose baby-friendly hotels!
Your choice of accommodation should be in favor of baby-friendly hotels as much as possible. All your baby’s needs are met in these hotels. Alternatives such as baby beds, food alternatives suitable for the little ones, baby food cleaning, baby detergent, shampoo and even babysitter can be found in these hotels.
Choose the right travel vehicle!
The hardest part of vacationing with a baby is choosing the mode of travel. The bus is one of the most difficult alternatives. Especially if the location you will go on holiday is far away, it will be difficult to move with the baby in a very narrow area and to ensure its comfort. Therefore, our advice for traveling with a baby is to use your plane or private vehicle, if possible.
- You should protect your baby from the sun and heat as much as possible while traveling by car. But you should also keep the car’s air conditioner from bothering him.
- You should make him drink water often and prevent his food from getting sun.
- In order to prevent him from getting bored during the trip, you should definitely keep his favorite toys with you.
- You may need to take frequent breaks, and you should plan your journey accordingly.
- You should take care to change your clothes as you sweat.
- You must ensure that he is in the car seat throughout the journey.
Make a baby essentials list!
Making a to-do list when you go on vacation with the baby can make it easier. Among the essentials of this list are;
- lots of clothes,
- sunglasses ,
- baby diaper,
- Mosquito net,
- swimming aids,
- There are nutritional products. Apart from these, you can put all kinds of materials that you think will make your work easier in the baby suitcase.
Don’t forget medicines and health products!
Situations such as location and climate change can easily shake babies’ bodies. For this reason, it will be useful to have health products that will help you and your baby in difficult situations.
- Pain relievers and fever reducers
- Allergy and diarrhea medications,
- thermometer ,
- nose drops,
- diaper cream ,
- fly repellent sprays ,
- It is useful to have a humidifier next to it.
Get your baby’s health checked!
A doctor’s visit with your baby before you travel will avoid any nasty surprises. In this way, you can find out if your baby has any discomfort and you can shape your plan accordingly. You can also learn from your doctor what you can do to keep your baby healthy during the holidays.
If you’re going on vacation with your baby to a tropical and uniquely diseased area, you should let your doctor know. There may be some vaccinations that need to be done while traveling to these regions. You and your baby should not set out without these vaccinations.
Don’t break your baby’s routine!
Nobody wants to go out of their habits. This is even more important when it comes to babies. Babies under the age of 1, especially, become very restless if they deviate from their eating, sleeping and other daily routines. Therefore, sleep and feed your baby at the same time during the holiday.
Watch your diet!
Baby feeding is very important during the holidays. Especially in places such as poolside and beach, the food you give to your baby should not be exposed to the sun and should maintain its current temperature. It is important to have a cooler bag with you for such situations.
Avoid giving your baby products containing milk while doing these activities. In a hot environment, these products can spoil quickly and produce bacteria. You can turn to finger food alternatives such as vegetables, fruits and crackers.
As we mentioned above, routines are very important in baby feeding during the holidays. Do not try to see open buffet food alternatives and make your baby taste unfamiliar foods. This may not be beneficial at all for her baby’s gut and enjoyment.
You should also pay close attention to the drinking water in your area. You should give your baby as much closed water as possible.
If you are breastfeeding, continue to feed with the same amount and amount of breast milk! This also prevents your baby from losing fluids with the heat.
Pay attention to the hours when you will be out with your baby!
It is very important to take advantage of the sun correctly in the summer months. Vitamin D emitted by the sun is very important for the human body. However, we should not forget the dangerous UV rays it emits. UV rays;
- skin problems,
- It can cause problems such as premature aging. In addition, there may be problems such as sunstroke, which is often seen in children in summer.
Pay attention to the time spent in the sea and pool!
Swimming is a very useful activity for babies. However, you need to adjust this activity according to your baby’s physical condition.
- Your baby is not too tired
- Not swallowing water
- Not swimming in the sun for a long time,
- You have to be careful not to damage the areas with stones.
You should also wash your baby with clean water after swimming in the sea and pool. Waiting with salt water and chlorine on it can cause skin problems.