Your baby’s sensitive skin is very vulnerable to many problems. That’s why you have to give him the necessary attention. So, do you know how to care for baby skin?
In this article, “How should baby skin care be?” We have answered the question in all its aspects. Let’s start reading!
Protect your baby’s skin health!
“My baby’s skin is so dry!” You can rebel. Don’t worry, dry skin in newborn babies is very common but needs special attention. The reason for this is that the baby is always in a liquid environment in the womb and cannot get used to the dry air of the world immediately! In addition, because they have very thin skin, their ability to retain moisture is not developed. Therefore, conditions such as dryness, flaking and peeling can be seen in their skin.
You can use products such as water-based baby oil or lotion with the recommendation of your doctor to prevent dryness on baby skin. It is useful to repeat this process every day. “Is olive oil applied to baby skin to moisturize it?” If you’re wondering, the answer is no! Because olive oil is an acidic product.
Hot water causes your baby’s skin to dry out. Therefore, the water you will use while bathing your baby should be warm.
The most important question: Choosing the right diaper
Choosing a diaper is very important for protecting your baby’s skin, ensuring a good night’s sleep and comfortable movement. Although the diaper may seem like a simpler choice, in reality it is the product that touches your baby’s skin the most. Urine and feces can cause nappy rash by affecting the Ph level of the skin. For this reason, it is very important to maintain the moisture balance of the baby’s skin and to keep the bottom dry.
Therefore, when choosing diapers to support the healthy and happy development of the little pup;
- Only with high absorbency, which helps keep the baby’s skin dry by trapping the liquid after absorbing it,
- With its air channels and materials, it allows the skin to breathe, supports your baby’s skin comfort,
- soft and thin,
- Pediatricians also recommend
- You can support your baby to grow safely by choosing a brand developed with experts.
By the way, another issue related to diaper rash is the subject of cleaning the bottom. Using alcohol-containing wet wipes to clean your baby’s bottom can increase skin irritation. For this reason;
- It does not contain alcohol and paraben,
- dermatologically tested,
- Compatible with its pH to preserve the natural structure of the skin,
- For a soft touch and effective cleaning, you can use a cleaning wipe containing plant-based fibers.
Watch out for sunburns!
Of course, the sun is very beneficial for humans. However, the UV rays of the sun can be dangerous for the skin. When it comes to babies, this danger and the risk of sunburn increase. For this reason, it is useful to take precautions for sunburn in babies.
- Do not expose your baby to the sun between 12:00 and 16:00.
- Make sure to use a baby sunscreen that’s compatible with her skin, and apply it to your baby’s skin every time you go outside. Sunscreen has an important place among baby skin care products.
- If you are going to the sea or pool, you can choose swimsuits with UV protection. In this way, you can prevent your skin from being affected by the sun’s rays.
House cleaning is important!
Mansion; It is called yellowish, crusty structures that appear on the head, eyebrows and face of 1-3 month old babies. The only reason for the formation of a host in babies is that their bodies secrete too much oil and this oil accumulates on the skin surface and becomes a crust.
It is important to clean the house for babies. Because as crusts remain, they can cause redness and itching on the skin. Because:
- Soften the crusts by applying baby oil or petroleum jelly, and gently massage them to drop the crusts.
- With a mansion comb, you can comb your baby’s scalp with tiny movements and make the crusts fall off.
- Host shampoos are also effective in shedding crusts. You can shampoo as soon as you see the mansion on your baby’s head.
Do not neglect umbilical cord care!
One of the most important aspects of newborn baby care is the umbilical cord! Your baby’s umbilical cord will fall off within 2 weeks after birth. However, after this stage, it needs to be taken care of in order not to encounter problems such as inflammation and infection. You can follow these suggestions for belly care:
- Prevent the cloth from covering the belly button.
- Let it breathe by removing your clothes from time to time.
- Make sure it stays dry.
- If your doctor approves, clean it with an alcohol swab once in a while.
How to cut baby nails?
Your baby’s nail grows fast and becomes very sharp. It is also very possible to damage your baby’s skin with these nails. For this reason, you need to do the nail cutting process at regular intervals. We know it’s hard, let’s see what are the tricks of cutting baby nails?
- The ideal time after a bath. Because in the bath, your baby’s nails will become softer and easier to cut.
- Before you cut your baby’s nails, make sure he doesn’t get cranky. Things can get easier if you cut your nails while you’re hungry and sleepy.
- You have to use the right nail clippers. An easy-to-grip, blunt-edged baby nail clipper will do.
- You should not go too deep and wash your hands and feet after cutting.
Choose baby clothes carefully!
Clothing is one of the most damaging items for babies’ skin. The clothes they are constantly in can cause skin irritation and problems such as rash. Because;
- air space,
- You should choose non-sweaty clothes. Because a rash is caused by clogging of the pores due to sweating.
What to do for eczema?
When your baby is around 3 months old or on solid food, you may start to see some red and scaly texture on his face. This is a symptom of atopic dermatitis, or eczema, which manifests itself with facial redness in infants.
If your baby has eczema, you can use a baby care cream with the advice of your doctor and prevent dryness and sensitivity. In addition, you can prevent the increase of eczema by keeping your baby away from wool and clothes washed with detergents.
Goodbye baby powder!
Powders have been one of the most important products of baby skin care for years. Powders, which are one of the baby care products used especially to prevent diaper rash, can actually create quite dangerous results.
We have said above what you can do to prevent your baby from being exposed to diaper rash and friction. Baby powder has fallen out of favor in recent years on the grounds that it sticks to the lungs and causes cancer. Beware of!