Is there any mother who has not faced the problem of diarrhea in children? We are here to solve this problem, which can be scary from time to time.
In this article, we answer all the questions such as how diarrhea in children passes, how many days does diarrhea last in children, and why.
What causes diarrhea in children?
Diarrhea is always a serious illness. However, it is much more troublesome in children because diarrhea causes rapid fluid and mineral loss in the child’s body. This can lead to serious health problems. Therefore, when it comes to children and babies, the cause of diarrhea should be investigated.
Among the causes of diarrhea in children;
- Infectious diseases caused by viruses,
- food poisoning,
- intestinal infections,
- food allergies ,
- There are situations such as wrong and unhealthy diet (consuming too much sugary food, eating junk food).
What causes bloody diarrhea in children?
- intestinal parasites,
- intestinal infection,
- bacterial problems,
- Some genetic problems cause bloody diarrhea in children.
Bloody diarrhea can be a sign of serious illness. Therefore, if you see blood in your child’s stool, you should definitely consult a doctor.
What are the symptoms of diarrhea in children?
This problem is usually;
- abdominal pain ,
- Frequent and watery stools
- stomach cramp,
- It manifests itself with symptoms such as bloating.
How long does diarrhea last in children?
Let’s answer the question of how many days diarrhea in children will pass. Diarrhea in children will go away on its own within 7 days if there is no abnormal condition. However, if it lasts longer than 7 days and there is no decrease in the amount, it is absolutely necessary to consult a doctor to investigate the cause.
How is diarrhea in children? What is good for a child with diarrhea?
Wondering how to stop diarrhea in children, right? Of course, in this article, we will not recommend miracle mixtures that stop diarrhea instantly, because most of them are quite harmful for your child. Our recommendations will be more healthy and proportionate.
- The first thing you should pay attention to is to ensure that your child gets plenty of fluids. For this, you need to make sure that he drinks plenty of water.
- You can make both a liquid supplement and a mineral supplement by buying salt-sugar mixtures sold in pharmacies.
- Cow’s milk is known to increase diarrhea. For this reason, you should not give cow’s milk to your child for a while.
- It is important to take nutritional supplements because diarrhea causes a decrease in minerals such as sodium and potassium in the body. Fruits such as apples and bananas can be useful for this.
- Drinks such as ayran and lemonade made at home can also be good options.
- Sugary foods can increase diarrhea. For this reason, you should prevent the child from consuming sweets when they have diarrhea.
You did all this, you paid attention to his diet, but still “My child’s diarrhea does not go away!” Are you upset? Then you should definitely show your child to the doctor now. Especially if diarrhea and vomiting are combined in children, if this situation is accompanied by fever, it is necessary to consult a doctor without waiting.
Is diarrhea medicine used in children?
The first thing that mothers who ask how to treat diarrhea in children is the use of drugs. However, the use of anti-diarrheal drugs is of no use to children, on the contrary, they are likely to cause different problems due to some of the ingredients in them. In addition, antibiotics have no effect unless the diarrhea is caused by a bacterial condition.
At this point, the most important thing to do is to determine the cause of diarrhea and to arrange the treatment accordingly.