The stages of language development in children vary, but as in all developmental stages, there are certain standards accepted by experts. As a parent, your contribution to your child is very important.
In this article, we told you about games and approaches that support language development in children. Let’s start!
2 year old language development features
- Pronouns now have a place in the language development of a 2-year-old child. Can understand longer and more complex events.
- Can make 2-3 sentence speeches.
- He can recognize shapes he sees and name them.
2 year old language development games
- The importance of books in language development activities for 2 years old is great. You can establish a reading routine for your child. You can read and tell him stories during the day and before he goes to sleep at night.
- Children are very imitative creatures. You can play games like you’re talking to grandma and dad on a toy phone. Sometimes, you can pretend to be you or your spouse and ask them to speak.
- Finger puppets are also very useful during this period, as they will help your child express their feelings. It’s a good opportunity for kids who don’t always openly express their feelings.
3 year old language development features
- We see the tense and future tenses in the language development characteristics of a 3-year-old child.
- Can use interrogative mood often.
- It can be found in 2 or 3 sentence dialogues.
- Can successfully classify toys, clothes or animals.
3 year old language development games
- In order to support the language development of a 3-year-old, you should include plenty of details in your sentences. You can tell your child richly descriptive stories. During this period when he loves picture story books, you can visit bookstores with your child frequently.
- How about the activity of cutting pictures describing various events from the magazine and sticking them on cardboard with your child? Showing the cards in turn; “What is this child doing?”, “What is this child holding?” You can ask questions like You will go too far with games that support this kind of language development, believe me.
- First, find out if your child recognizes objects by asking their names one by one, and then ask him to give you the toys you mentioned. “Give me the red buckets.” “Give me the big car.” “Give me balls of the same size.” like. He will love these types of games.
- One of the most natural ways to support your child’s language and speech development is to chat with peers. For this reason, you can prepare environments where you can be together with other children. Going to kindergarten is very beneficial in terms of both language development and socialization.
4 year old language development features
- Can use complex sentences.
- Can form sentences of 5-6 words and maintain a conversation.
- Distinguish between past and present as the concept of time.
- He tells his own stories.
- He begins to sing the songs he has memorized by himself.
- Can say name, surname and age.
4 year old language development activities
- It is very important to establish a cause-effect relationship for language development in children aged 4-5. “What is it?”, “Why is it like this?” Answer questions like If you tell the events in a cause-effect relationship, you will satisfy your child’s curiosity as well as increase their vocabulary. For example, “Don’t hang out of the window.” instead of saying, “If you hang out of the window, you may fall down.” like say.
- Children love to “pretend”. You can play games such as housekeeping and doctoring for 4-5 year old language development activities. Such games will enable him to develop his flexible thinking and expression skills.
Points to consider to support the child’s language development!
- Young children cannot improve their speaking skills with television. Because the TV doesn’t listen to them! Language development is delayed in children who watch too much television at an early age. There is nothing educational about the DVDs available for babies. Baby channels do not contribute to baby education either. You should not let your child watch TV or movies before the age of 2.
- In fact, the first rule to be adopted to encourage speech and contribute to language development in children is to talk to the child at every opportunity.
- If your child wants to interrupt and talk to you while you’re chatting with your partner or friends, you should listen.
- Blocking out confusing environmental sounds makes it easier for the child to speak. Minimize the hours the TV is on. You can get a toy that makes a sound that he will be interested in. Make sure she spends time with adults who speak clearly and clearly.
- Find repetitive games and songs she loves. Aim for one-minute periods of focus. Increase this time over time. If your child gets bored with the activity, change it, find another game. For example, hold your nose and ear and say their names. One of the most effective language development games ever since.
- Identifying emotions is very helpful for both language and emotional development. You can describe the emotions of the heroes in the book. You can put into words how you and your child are feeling.
- Don’t make your child’s speech an event. Listen, talk a lot and enjoy witnessing its development.