Your pregnancy journey is over. You held your baby in your arms. You are ready to go home, to start your new life with your baby. However, when you get home, you may feel like you have no idea what to do! This is perfectly normal. We have compiled a few good suggestions for you to feel safe.
Feeding the Newborn Baby
While breastfeeding is a beautiful experience, it may not be easy for everyone. Just like pregnancy, the postpartum journey is as unique and special as a fingerprint. You can do the following to increase your milk:
- Stay away from stress and fatigue. In this process, get support from your relatives as much as possible and try not to tire yourself.
- If the comments from the environment are stressing you out, you can state that you do not want to meet with anyone for a while.
- Trust yourself, your baby and your milk.
- Massage your breasts in gentle circular motions with your fingertips. This can relax the milk ducts and allow them to open.
- You can also provide relief in the milk ducts with a warm shower and warm compresses to your chest.
- Your diet and drinking enough water also have an impact on milk production.
- And of course skin-to-skin contact! You will be surprised to see the contribution of breastfeeding your baby to milk production in a position where your skin and baby touch each other, you can smell each other, hug and touch each other, that is, make you feel your love for each other!
It may not be possible to give breast milk to your baby in cases where the milk does not come right after or after a while, it is stopped or it is very necessary to use some drugs that should not be used while breastfeeding. You should feed your baby who is not breastfed with formula.
How Often Should I Burp My Baby During Feeding?
Even if the baby is fed breast milk or formula, he may have gas problems. This situation is natural. After your baby suckles on one breast, you can burp before moving on to the other breast. Some babies may need more burping. Observe your baby’s needs. Don’t put too much pressure on a full stomach, he may vomit.
How Should You Ensure Hand and Face Hygiene While Feeding Your Baby?
The skin of a newborn baby is thin, sensitive and permeable, especially in the early stages. During this period, you should carefully choose the products that will come into contact with her delicate skin. You can choose “Uni Baby Newborn Wet Cotton Wipes” to wipe off excess milk or vomit after feeding.
You can safely use Uni Baby Newborn Wet Cotton Wipes, Turkey’s number 1 and the only newborn wipes approved for naturalness, from the first days of your baby. You can clean your baby’s delicate skin with its structure woven with 100% natural origin fibers, purified water and organic cotton content.
Newborn Baby Child Care Application
Learning to change a newborn’s diaper can be a bit of a challenge at first. At first, you may be worried about hurting your baby or doing something wrong. To make the process easier for both of you, you can read the tips below.
What do you need?
- newborn diaper
- Uni Baby Newborn Wet Cotton Wipes (You can choose for your baby’s sensitive skin.)
- Uni Baby Baby Care Cover
- Uni Baby Rash Cream Against Rash Formation
- Bag for dirty cloth
After you have gathered all the materials you need to change your baby’s diaper, you can change your baby’s diaper as follows.
- Take out the used diaper and put it in the bag.
- Clean your baby’s diaper area with Uni Baby Newborn Wet Cotton Wipes.
- If your baby has diaper rash, apply Uni Baby Rash Cream as a thin layer to the rash area.
- Carefully lift your baby’s legs and place the new diaper underneath. Then lay your baby’s legs on the diaper and place the front of the diaper between her legs and place it on her tummy.
- Close the flaps of the cloth and stick the tapes symmetrically. Run two fingers between the diaper and her stomach to check if the diaper is too tight.
How to Bathe a Newborn Baby Safely
You don’t need to bathe your newborn every day, but if the bathing experience is comfortable for both you and your baby, you can make it a routine. So how should you do this?
- To bathe your baby, choose a time when your baby is awake and happy. You should not wash your baby immediately after feeding.
- Make sure the room is at a sufficient temperature.
- Prepare everything in advance. You will need warm water, baby tub and net, towel, Uni Baby Newborn Foam Hair and Body Shampoo, a clean diaper and, if necessary, clean clothes.
- Pay attention to the temperature of the water. Control the water with your elbow and mix all the water well so that there are no hot spots.
- Place your baby in the net of the baby tub. Always hold the baby with one hand. Cleanse your face first.
- Then you can wash your baby’s delicate hair and skin with Uni Baby Newborn Foam Hair and Body Shampoo. (You can use Uni Baby Newborn Foam Hair and Body Shampoo safely from the first day. You can apply it softly thanks to its foam form. It is compatible with your baby’s skin with its non-irritating formula and pH value. It contains dyes, ethyl alcohol, paraben, sulfate, SLES, SLS and PEG. Does not contain ingredients.)
- After washing your hair and face, you can clean the rest of your body. You should make sure that the wrinkles on your skin are cleaned.
- You should keep your baby’s head away from the water.
- You shouldn’t leave your baby alone in the bathroom for even a second.
- After rinsing your baby with water, you can dry it with a towel. Again, be careful to dry between the wrinkles on your skin.
- You can massage your baby if you wish. In this way, you will help your baby to relax and sleep.
If your baby is afraid to take a bath and cries, you can try taking a bath together. You have to make sure the water isn’t too hot. It’s easier if someone else holds your baby while you enter and exit the bathroom.
Sleep in Newborn Babies
It may take a few weeks for your baby to understand the difference between night and day. Unfortunately, there is no formula that can speed this up. However, keeping the environment calm and dim during night feedings and diaper changes can help a little. Try not to play with your baby at night and don’t chat with him too much. This will send the message that the night is for sleeping.
Make sure your baby is getting enough daytime sleep. Overly tired babies often have trouble sleeping at night.
Before your baby goes to sleep, make sure that his stomach is full and his clothes are comfortable. Your clothes and bed linen should be cotton. It is also important to wash these products that come into contact with their sensitive skin, not with adult detergents, but with Uni Baby Newborn Liquid Laundry Soap, a product developed for the sensitive skin of the baby.
If your newborn baby is cranky and resists sleep, gentle swaying during the transition to sleep will relieve him. Swaddling (wrapping the baby in a light blanket) can also help soothe a crying baby. It’s okay to hold your baby in your arms frequently during the first months of life. She needs the safe arms of her parents during her adjustment to the world.