Avocado; With its creamy structure, rich content and taste that can be combined with many other foods, it is exactly the food for your baby! We have told you what is in the content of this fruit, which must have a place in the baby’s nutrition list, what are the benefits of avocado for babies, how often should avocados be given to babies!
When is avocado given to babies?
You can give this fruit worthy of your baby’s mouth with your baby’s 6th month . Have your baby test it by giving a small piece first. If he has any allergic reaction, he may be allergic to avocado. In this case, you can wait until the age of 1 by consulting your doctor.
What are the benefits of avocado for babies?
- It contains vitamins and minerals such as A, K, E, C, B6, magnesium, calcium, iron, potassium and sodium. In this way, it strengthens the baby’s immune system and accelerates the fight against diseases.
- Since it is easy to digest, it is a suitable food for transition to supplementary food.
- Rich in unsaturated fats. These oils are thought to contain the fats closest to breast milk.
- These oils are also very beneficial for your baby’s brain development.
- It is good for constipation because it is a fibrous fruit.
- It has antioxidant properties. In this way, it helps cell renewal and shows anti-inflammatory properties.
- Again, thanks to the nutritious oils it contains, it has positive effects on the liver.
When to eat avocado?
It is very important to consume every fruit in season. November and December are the months when avocados are at their ripest and their consistency is the most creamy! That’s why you can prefer avocados available in the market during these months.
How to give avocado to babies?
Especially the mothers who met this fruit for the first time, “How to give avocado to the baby?” They are looking for the answer to their question. Due to its structure, you can offer avocados to your baby in a wide variety of forms. In the first stage, you can offer it to your baby in the form of puree in the transition to additional food. Apart from that, you can offer a ripe avocado as finger food , as the baby can smash it very easily on the palate .
Here are our other recipes for avocado, which you can use in many forms such as soup, pancakes, and breakfast in the coming months: Avocado Recipes for Babies
How often should avocados be given to babies?
Yes, avocado is a very beneficial food for your baby, but that doesn’t mean you have to give him avocado every day. Diversifying foods is very important for the development of your baby’s palate.
- 2 tablespoons a day for 6 months old baby,
- 8-month-old baby 4 tablespoons a day,
- You can give 6-8 tablespoons of avocado a day to your 9-12 month old baby.
How to choose avocado?
- The avocado you choose should be dark in color.
- It should be soft so that it slowly collapses inward when you press it with your finger.
- If it is not ripe enough, you can ripen it by keeping it between green apples at room temperature.