Baby SPA, which helps babies relax by supporting their muscle and motor development, and helps to eliminate problems such as colic and gas pain, is a service that has become widespread in our country as well.
What are the benefits of baby SPA and hydrotherapy, born from the healing power of water? How often should they be applied? What should be considered in baby spa centers? Baby Massage Instructor İrem Kalkavan told the curious ones!
What is Baby SPA? What are the benefits of Baby SPA?
SPA (Sanitas Per Aquam) = Health that comes with water.
From ancient times to the present, people who want to live a healthier life use the healing properties of water. Now, babies also benefit from this population.
So, what is Baby SPA? Baby SPA is an activity that is especially common in Europe and America and can be enjoyed by both the mother and the baby. When it comes to SPA, water and massage applications come to mind just like we adults do. The same applies for babies.
Babies are first taken to hydrotherapy pools of the appropriate size. Here, they also do exercises that will strengthen their muscle and motor development. Afterwards, they relax with a massage performed by expert baby massage therapists. Let’s come to the benefits of baby SPA:
- While the soothing power of water provides relief to babies, mothers find the opportunity to socialize in this way.
- When done regularly, there is a visible improvement in babies’ motor skills and muscle strength.
What is hydrotherapy? What are the benefits of hydrotherapy?
Hydrotherapy is a service that supports the mental and physical development of the baby. In hydrotherapy application, babies can spend time in a healthy way in jacuzzis optimized at a certain temperature with a neck ring. So, what are the known benefits of hydrotherapy?
- Air bubbles in jacuzzis contribute to the physiological development of babies. This is a fact supported by experts.
- It supports the development of mental and motor skills of babies. This helps babies move more consciously and in control. The baby’s brain and muscle development depends on how much he moves them.
- The pressure exerted by the water on the rib cage increases the capacity of the lungs and strengthens the chest muscles. This helps to develop the respiratory system.
- It improves balance and coordination.
- It activates the heart and circulatory system.
- It relaxes the nervous system.
- It supports the psychological and social development of the baby.
- It strengthens the parent-child bond.
- It increases the baby’s independence and self-confidence.
- It regulates eating, gas and sleep problems.
How often can baby spa be done?
If babies do not have any physical problems (colic, muscle disease, constipation, etc.), we recommend that they come to baby spa centers once a week. SPA for babies is very important for the child’s growing pains, muscle and mental development. It also supports the socialization and healthy growth of babies.
Regular hydrotherapy and massage facilitate the transition of babies to sleep. In the period of toothache, it relieves the pain of babies. Hydrotherapy is an application that should be done at least 2 times a month for the development of the baby. Because it has many contributions to 0-1 year old babies.
What should be considered in baby spa centers?
The people you entrust your baby to are very important. Today, there are more than one baby spa center. For this reason, as a parent, “Which one should I choose?” We must ask ourselves the question.
- First of all, you should make sure that the people who will accompany your baby in the Baby SPA centers are massage therapists approved by the Ministry of National Education.
- Hydrotherapy should be done under the guidance of a specialist. A certain temperature in the hydrotherapy pool can increase the body temperature of the baby who is in the water for more than 20 minutes.
- The neck ring used in the hydrotherapy pool is also very important. It should be positioned so that there is approximately 1 finger of space on your baby’s neck. It should be ensured that neck ringlets made of delicate fabric, not plastic in quality, but in a form suitable for babies are used. Otherwise, a plastic neck ring may be harmful to your baby’s skin as a result of being in water at a certain temperature for a long time.
- Hydrotherapy session is an application that should be done specifically for each baby. As a result, our priority is to create a hygienic and healthy environment for babies. Jacuzzis should be emptied after each baby and the interior should be cleaned and filled with other water for the new baby.