Does your baby vomit, especially after breastfeeding or formula feeding? Don’t worry, this is a situation many mothers face. But some types of vomiting, such as why babies vomit like cheese, is it normal to vomit like cottage cheese, can be worrisome. In this article, we have discussed what your baby’s vomiting tells you, which symptoms are a sign of illness, and these issues.
Why do babies vomit like cheese?
Babies vomit most often when passing gas after breastfeeding. This vomit, especially seen in newborn babies, can be sour and smelly. Because the milk that your baby sucks combines with the acidic liquid in his stomach and becomes like a cheese cut. Let’s see why babies vomit like cheese without a fever;
- Eating too much (This is usually the reason.),
- reflux ,
- ear infection,
- The environment is too hot,
- Pyloric stenosis or pyloric stenosis
What does it mean when the baby vomits like a milk cut?
This situation, which is described as the baby’s vomiting like curd, is mostly seen in newborn babies. It is normal for newborn babies to vomit like cheese, especially in the first months. A baby who vomits like cheese is actually full. This indicates that your baby is digesting the milk and expelling the excess. In such a case, you should not continue to breastfeed your baby and stop breastfeeding.
The thing to watch out for in cases of vomiting is the way your baby vomits. If the vomit is kind of cheese-like and the vomit is small, you have nothing to worry about. You may wonder how babies vomit when they’re cold. If the baby is vomiting gushing, then the baby may have a cold, infection or other ailments.
vomiting like water in babies
Vomiting like water in babies is something that should not be feared. The baby may vomit transparently, like water, due to excessive breast milk intake or consuming large amounts of solid food. These situations can be encountered especially in the periods when additional food is introduced early.
What causes smelly vomit in babies?
Reflux occurs as a result of the milk sucked by the baby backing up from the stomach to the esophagus. This can cause your little one to vomit. If your baby’s vomit smells sour, it may be due to reflux.
How to prevent vomiting like cheese in babies?
There are a number of ways to prevent babies from vomiting like cheese after feeding. What can you do?
- You should only feed your baby with breast milk.
- You should not breastfeed your baby in a lying position, you should keep it in a slightly upright position for a while after feeding.
- If your baby is formula-fed, you may prefer anti-vomiting formulas.
- You should burp your baby after feeding.
- You should not feed your baby too much.
- You should breastfeed or feed him at the same times.
- If there is vomiting due to reflux, you should consult your doctor and use a reflux pillow.
- You shouldn’t try to feed your baby every time he cries. Remember that this will cause him to vomit more.
When is baby vomiting dangerous?
- If your baby is constantly vomiting despite all the precautions you take,
- If she’s spitting out,
- If vomiting seems to affect the general health of the baby, that is, if there are changes in the baby,
- In case of diarrhea accompanied by vomiting ,
- If your baby has blood or bile in his vomit,
- If you suspect that your baby has been poisoned,
- If your baby is constantly distracted and sleepy after vomiting, you should not neglect to take him to the doctor.